May 24, 2015

Croatia photo diary


I travelled to Croatia in February this year, since I had a one week mid semester break from university. It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of trip, but I'm so glad I picked Croatia because not only could I discover this country, but I went on day trips to the neighbouring countries of Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina (photo diaries coming soon). The more places I get to visit, the better! I travelled to Zagreb (the capital) for one day, then went to Dubrovnik for the rest of the week. Zagreb had a really different vibe to Dubrovnik. It's the capital city, so it was more commercial and busy, whereas Dubrovnik is a seaside city with a more relaxed vibe and plenty of beaches. I was a little worried about the weather, considering it was February, and although it was snowing in Zagreb, it was actually really warm in Dubrovnik. The hotel I stayed in had amazing views of the islands (pictured above), it looked like paradise! I can only imagine how busy Dubrovnik would get during the summer.

Enjoy the photo diary, and if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments!



Zagreb
 The view from my flight over Zagreb - it was snowing!

Dubrovnik
The view from my hotel room! Amazing!
 Entrance to the Old Town
 The amazing views while walking along the City Walls
 Easily one of the best hot chocolates I've ever had!
 Sunset from my balcony...
 Flying home... over the Swiss Alps!

I'll be posting my Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina photo diaries soon!