October 07, 2014

Mini skirt: day to night (+ discount code!)


There's nothing like a versatile fluted skirt to help you transition easily from a pretty day outfit to a night out on the town. Since the weather is finally warming up in Sydney, I thought it was about time to start planning my summer wardrobe with a few staple pieces that can be worked into any occasion.

This gorgeous skirt from Missy Stella is the perfect addition to any summer wardrobe. I love the soft neoprene-like fabric and the added detail of the zips. The flared shape adds a subtle feminine touch and you can play it down with a pair of sneakers, or add a pair of heels to play it up. I also find fluted style skirts to be really flattering on most body types since they're not overbearingly tight or hugging all your curves. So, since I'm all about versatility, I thought I'd show you guys one of the many ways I would style this skirt to take you from day to night - and sticking to a theme of monochrome with a pop of leopard. Hope you enjoy it :) Let me know how you would style this trend in the comments below!

Also, thanks to the team at Missy Stella, all of you lovely readers can get a 20% discount from their store! Just use the code "thinkwearstyle" at the checkout! 
Offer valid until 31 October 2014.


Look 1: casual day outfit



Look 2: edgy evening outfit

Missy Stella skirt, Sportsgirl top (similar), Zara blazer (similar), Zu shoes (similar)


Hope you guys enjoyed this post :)

Be sure to check out Missy Stella to have a browse of their trendy and edgy pieces!