September 08, 2014

Clear skin essentials


Hey guys, hope you all had a great weekend :) These days just seem to fly by! Another Monday has gone, and work keeps piling up... I've been super busy the past week preparing for mid semester uni exams, so apologies for not posting regularly :(

Can you believe it's SPRING already?! I'm so excited for the weather to start warming up, I've had enough of this cold wind and heavy rainfall everyday! Looking forward to sunnier days ahead :)

Today I have some amazing beauty products to show you guys! As you probably already know, I'm not a huge fan of make-up and I love to keep my skin as natural as possible. I'm always on the hunt for new and exciting products to keep my skin looking clear and fresh, while still being gentle. I've found three products recently, which have worked wonders for my skin:
1. Dermalogica Clear Start - Pore Control Scrub
2. Dermalogica Clear Start - Overnight Treatment
3. Kosmea - Facial Cleansing Wipes


Dermalogica has just released their new range, Clear Start, targeted for younger skin (mainly teenagers and young adults) to help tackle stubborn breakouts and clear the skin. I love using overnight treatments because the best time to tackle skin issues is while your sleeping, and your body is recovering. After you cleanse and tone your face at night, apply a thin layer and let it absorb. It left my skin feeling clean and soft in the morning, and after washing my face, it gave a great glow.

The pore control scrub is another amazing product in their clear start range. My pores are mainly around my nose and chin - this is also where I have blackheads - and I'm always looking for a good scrub that really get into the pores and removes blackheads and dead skin cells, and this product does exactly that. I use this scrub once to twice a week and it definitely leaves my face clear and smooth, but don't be tempted to use a lot! The microbeads in this scrub are quite rough so a little goes a long way. Also, be sure to rub it in gently... you don't want to irritate your skin.


From my recent post about Kosmea's Rose Hip Oil, I'm sure you guys know I'm a big fan of their products. They're natural and very gentle on the skin, and their facial cleansing wipes are no different. I've used baby wipes in the past that were so rough, it felt like I was rubbing sandpaper across my face! It can be tricky to find a product that not only removes your make-up, but are soft and keeps your skin hydrated. These cleansing wipes are surprisingly good at removing make-up (even mascara comes off easily!). They're also made with natural ingredients including rose hip oil and aloe vera... no wonder why they smell so good!


Hope you enjoyed this post! If you're having stubborn breakouts and are after clear skin for the summer, I'd definitely recommend you to give these products a try.

What are your clear skin essentials? I'd love to know in the comments! I'm always on the hunt for new products to try :)