January 07, 2014

The skort


I've noticed that throughout the whole "skort" phase that hit the blogosphere last year, I didn't do an outfit photo featuring it! 

It all started with Zara, but now, the skort is sold on hundreds of online clothing stores in multiple colours and fabrics, and it's become synonymous with fashion bloggers. Some of you may be well over this trend, and others may still be wearing it. 

I actually only started wearing this skort around November/December of last year, when the hype around it had settled. I never had much of an interest in the skort trend when it blew up in popularity because I thought it looked too predictable, but now that the buzz has gone down, I'll definitely be wearing it more. It's a cute piece for these hot summer days, and would look great with stockings/tights for the winter season as well. I'm looking forward to styling these more often!

Do you love or loathe the skort trend?

If you've done an outfit post featuring it (which I'm sure 99% of fashion bloggers have), then leave me a link below! I'd love to check out how you styled it :)


What I wore:
Top: Minkpink (similar here and here)
Skort: Zara (also similar versions in white, floral pink and monochrome print)
Watch: Markets in Hong Kong (similar here)
Sunglasses: Markets in Bali (similar here and here)

Necklace: With Love Kirsten similar version (Only $3.20! - when you use the code "TWSBLOG" to get 20% off your order!)