November 07, 2013

Day to night


Hey guys! Hope you're all having a great week so far :)

I decided to do something a little different for today's post. Instead of a usual 'outfit of the day', I wanted to show how easy it can be to take an outfit from day to night. These looks are pretty casual, so it probably wouldn't apply if you have work, and then you're attending a black tie event in the evening. However, if you're out shopping or running errands and you're going for a few casual drinks later that night but don't have the time to go home and change your whole look, then adding a few key pieces can make all the difference.

You can still keep the outfit the same, but add a sophisticated blazer and some heels to instantly take the outfit up a notch. Then add a few accessories like a statement necklace and clutch, and finish off with a touch of lipstick. I attend a lot more casual evening events than formal ones, so this method has been working for me for years!

If I can't make it home in time to change, I usually bring a few things in my car - heels, blazer, clutch and jewellery are my must-haves. What are yours?
What essentials do you bring to transform your outfit from day to night?


What I wore:
Shirt: Similar here, here and here
Skirt: Ally
Blazer: H&M
Shoes: Converse and Zu heel boots (similar here)
Accessories: With Love Kirsten ring and necklace 
(Don't forget! Get 20% off your order from With Love Kirsten using the code "TWSBLOG"!)