August 13, 2013

The peplum

I bought this peplum top so long ago (I think I've had it for a year now..) but I still love it! I find peplums really flattering whether it be on a top or skirt, because it not only hides the areas your not too comfortable with, but it also adds shape and silhouette. 

This yellow peplum is definitely a favourite of mine. It's so easy to dress it up with heels for a night out, or dress it down with a pair of jeans or shorts for a sophisticated day look. And I'm always drawn to colour and detail when it comes to fashion, so of course I fell in love with the bright yellow tone and the triangular cut-outs on the neckline. It just adds a little something extra :) I decided to toughen the look up by pairing the peplum with some leather pants, yet still keep it feminine with some gold heels.

How do you style your peplum items? I'd love to know in the comments!

What I wore:
Top: Bardot (similar here)
Pants: Mossman (similar here)
Heels: Wittner (similar here)
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelet: Hermes