February 09, 2013

All about leather

I'm obsessing over all things leather this season, and it's probably because I really want the winter season to hurry up and arrive! You might think that sounds crazy, but I can't help but love winter. Just think of all the layering, thick and luxurious fabrics, boots, scarves and endless accessories. And leather fits right into this season! It's warm and practical, yet chic and stylish. It's the statement piece or the finishing touch, and it never fails to add a bit of edge to your outfit.

But when I think of leather, I don't just think of jackets. I think of skirts, shorts, pants and simple t-shirts and dresses. I also think of leather detailing, especially for when you're not up for the super-tough look. Leather sleeved shirts or leather patches on skirts add a unique touch. I think it's a great way of toughening up summer outfits that could otherwise be really beachy and feminine - just add leather boots, a belt or even a bag. Pair a white shirt with an asymmetrical leather skirt and some gorgeous jewels to get an awesome look that's trendy and fun for the summer time, and add a pair of heels for a night out. Change it up for the colder season by wearing leather pants with a bold coloured coat or jacket. Add some texture as well - pair leather with faux fur or denim for a fresh look.

I just think leather is such a great, versatile fabric and is a must have for your wardrobe - the more styles the better! I hope these photos give you some inspiration!


Sources:  NYFW, PFW, nastygal.com, zara, tumblr, acne, fashforfashion, candicelake.com, fashiontoast.com