January 11, 2013

Glam it up in gold!

Since it's still January, am i'm still in the New Year mode, i've been obsessing over all things sparkly and sequined. I found some great photos of shiny, gold outfits and I soon realised that my wardrobe didn't really have many sequin clothes and diamonte encrusted accessories. Well, I take that back - I do have many sparkly accessories. But not clothes. 

So these gorgeous images inspired a mini wardrobe update for me. I'm still on the hunt for more, but i'm getting there! Just got to find a cute pair of sequin shorts. And i'm hitting the gym hard to look good in them when I do find one!

I think that gold shimmering pieces are such a staple for any wardrobe - especially for special events and occasions. You can certainly dress it up, but what I love the most about a sequin item is the ability to dress it down, and still look chic. Pair a sequin skirt with a simple tank top, whack on a denim jacket, add a few dainty accessories and wham! you're ready!

Anyway, enough of me blabbing.. let's get you all inspired!


Sources: blogspot, tumblr, zara, esther boutique, song of style, vogue, NYFW